Cocktail Recipes •
1 Vanilla bean or 1 tsp. Vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup Water
1 cup Granulated sugar
For Fig Mojito:
- 1 Fresh fig, sliced
- 5 Fresh mint leaves
2 oz. Vanilla rum
- 1 oz. Vanilla bean simple syrup
½ oz. Lime juice
2 to 4 oz. Club soda to taste
- Fresh fig and mint leaves for garnish
For Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup:
To Make the Vanilla Bean Simple Syrup:
Slice a vanilla bean in half so that the seeds are exposed.
- Add the water, sugar, and vanilla bean to a medium-sized saucepan over low heat.
- Cook gently over low heat for 10-15 minutes, until the sugar is fully dissolved and the vanilla bean has infused the syrup with flavor.
- Let it cool completely to room temperature, then strain into a glass jar and seal tightly with a lid. If you don’t like the look of the vanilla bean specs, you can strain through a cheesecloth.
- Store in the fridge for up to a month.
To Make the Fig Mojito:
In a strong cocktail mixing glass, combine the fresh figs and mint.
- Use a muddler to gently crush the figs and mint to release the oils and juice.
- Then add the vanilla rum, simple vanilla syrup, and lime juice. Stir everything together.
- Fill a glass with ice cubes and additional fig slices if desired. Strain the mojito into the glass and top with club soda.
- Garnish with fresh mint, and serve!
← Older Post
Newer Post →