Cocktail Recipes •
To Make the Sage Simple Syrup:
Combine the sage, water, and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir frequently and simmer the sugar and water mixture until the sugar has caramelized.
- Steep the sage for at least 30 minutes before straining out the liquid.
- Chill and keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for several weeks.
To Make the SageFig Cocktail:
Muddle the figs with the sage simple syrup in a cocktail shaker until mostly broken down.
- Combine white rum, orange liqueur, lemon juice, and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Pour club soda into glasses half-filled with ice and serve.
If you can’t find fresh figs, you can use a cup of dried figs for the sage in the simple syrup. Dried figs have a deeper flavor than fresh figs but are still delicious and flavorful. You can substitute 2 tablespoons of fig jam for the muddled fresh figs.
← Older Post