Brandy Cocktails •
Cocktail Recipes •
To make the Spiced Syrup:
Combine the sugar, water, and whole spices in a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 3 minutes.
- Allow the syrup to be steep and cool to room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Strain the syrup into a small bowl and remove the other spices except the cinnamon stick.
To make the Spiced Winter Sangria:
Fill a large pitcher halfway with wine.
- Combine the orange juice, brandy, and spiced syrup in the pitcher.
Add the other orange, halved and sliced, to the pitcher with the other fruit slices.
- Add the cinnamon stick you saved after making the syrup.
- Stir the mixture gently.
- Refrigerate the sangria for 2 hours or overnight, covered.
- Allow the sangria to come to room temperature in the pitcher for 1-2 hours before serving.
- If desired, garnish with additional fruit slices.
← Older Post
Newer Post →